Quran Interactive Recitations - Click below

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

[shia_strength] The pleasures in Barzakh are not perishable.



The pleasures in Barzakh are not perishable.
One of the peculiarities of `Barzakh `is that it is eternal and permanent. None of the things of this world are immortal. Youth is overshadowed by the darkness of old- age. Till the time the morsel of food remains in the mouth, a person derives pleasure and taste, and then it disappears. Flowers turn dry after a period, and hence nothing remains eternal. But Barzakh and it's pleasures are eternal because it is not made up of matter or elements like other things and hence does not cease to exist.
This can be explained by a narrative in `Darus Salaam', where in Shaikh Mahmood Naraqi quotes from Shaikh Mahdi Naraqi. He says that: During my days in Najaf, there

broke a severe famine. I left my house leaving behind my children who were crying with hunger and thirst so as to search something for them. I passed through `Wadi-us Salaam' and entered there in with the intention of reciting `Fateha' for the departed souls, and this act would pacify me and make me forget my sorrow. I saw some people in the graveyard with a bier, and they requested me to join them in the funeral. Being an act of great reward I accompanied them. They carried the bier and suddenly we entered into a vast garden.
They took the bier in a huge and beautiful place there in, which had all the emenities of luxury. I entered through the door and saw a handsome youth wearing splendid attires seated on a golden throne. As soon as he saw me, he addressed me by my name and saluted me. He signalled me to go near him and I replied in the negative. He said "I am the same person whose funeral you are attending. I am a native of so and so town and the people you saw in my funeral were the blessed Angels, who brought me from my town to this Paradise for the intermediate (Barzakh) period". When I heard these words from the lips of the person, I forgot my sorrow and started adoring the beauties of the garden. When I came out of the garden, I saw some other places, and when I observed carefully I saw my departed parents and relatives standing at the doors. When

they saw me, they invited me to enter in. I entered there in and they invited me for food, which was very delicious. While eating I suddenly remembered my wife and children who were dying of hunger and thirst and my face turned pale. My (father) understood and said, "O my son Mahdi! What is the reason for your sorrow"? I replied, "O father! While eating, I suddenly remembered that my wife and children are dying of hunger at home, and that made me sad".
He pointed towards a stock of rice and told me to take as much as I desired. I spread out my cloak and filled it to the full. And as soon as I got up, I found myself standing in the same place in `Wadi-us-Salaam', with my cloak filled with rice I hurried towards my house and we ate to our full. Quite some time passed, but the stock never got over. One day my wife asked me as to where I got it from. She forced me to tell her, and I had to narrate the whole incident to her. She got up in excitement to take some rice from it so as to eat it, but it had disappeared.
Hence it can be concluded from this incident that the pleasures of Barzakh are eternal and not perishable.
On the other hand if we hear the voices of those who are being punished in Barzakh, we shall forget the sorrows of this world.
It is narrated in the third volume of `Biharul-Anwar' that
the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.S.) said: Before the Proclamation of Prophethood, once when I was grazing the cattle, I suddenly saw that the cattle stopped grazing and looked frightened. I wondered as to what was the reason for such a change, because nothing unusual happened at that time. When Jibra'eel came with the Revelation (Wahy) I asked him the reason for such a change. Jibra' eel answered, "O Prophet of Allah! When the people who are being punished in Barzakh scream with anguish and pain, their voices are not heard by human-beings and geniis, but animals can hear it and hence become tense. There are many incidents to support this.
It is written in "Darus Salaam' that the great Scholar Allamah Sayyed Hashim Husain Bahrani says: In Najaf there lived a shopkeeper who counseled and adviced people daily at his shop after Namaze Zohr. At that moment his shop would be full of people who gathered to hear the guidance.
One day an Indian prince came to settle in Najaf, and planed to proceed on a journey. He came to the shopkeeper to keep his ornaments and valuables as a trust with him, because he thought the shopkeeper to be a trust-worthy believer. After some days when he returned back from the journey, he went to the shop-keeper to take back the things entrusted to him. The shop-keeper totally denied having
taken the valuables from him. The prince was dejected and went to the Shrine of The Commander of the faithful Ali (A.S.) and called out, "O Ali I left my motherland and came and settled here near your grave, and entrusted my wealth to the shop-keeper believing him to be a trust- worthy person. But alas, now he denies having my wealth and I have no witness to prove my claim except you". In the night he dreamt that Hazrat Ali (A.S.) came and told him to go in the morning to the gate of the city. And when the gate opens, the first person to enter there in would help him acquire his lost wealth. He got up the next morning and went to the city-gate.
The first person to enter the gate was an old and feeble man, who looked virtuous and was carrying a load of wood on his head. He entered the city and sat down to sell the wood so as to earn some thing for his family. The prince felt ashamed to ask for his help and returned to the Shrine. He again dreamt the same, and the next day again went to the city-gate and saw the old man and returned back. When on the third night he dreamt the same, in the morning he went to the gate and finding the old man related the whole incident to him. The man thought for a moment and told the prince to come to the shop-keeper's place after (midday prayer) Namaze Zohr, and he would get his wealth back if Allah desires. After the Namaz people as usual gathered at

the shop and the shop-keeper got up to advice. Suddenly the old man got up and requested the shop-keeper to let him say something, to which he agreed.
The old man said, "O people! I am so and so, the son of so and so, and I am worried about the Rights of people (Haqqun Naas)/ Praise be to Allah! For I have no lust for the wealth of this world, and am a conented man and passing my days in solitude. I would like to narrate to you an incident of my life and warn you about the wrath of Allah, and the punishment of Hell, and the hardships of Qayamat. Once I was in great debt and hence borrowed ten 'Qiraat' (equal to 21 dinars) from a jew and promised him to pay half a 'Qiraat' daily. I fulfilled my promise for ten days. On the eleventh day the jew was not to be found anywhere. I inquired about his whereabouts and was told that he had migrated to Baghdad. After some days I dreamt that Qayamat had dawned, and I was being brought for reckoning along with others. After giving my account, I was sent towards Paradise. While passing on the Poole Serat, I suddenly saw the jew appearing from the raging fire below and he stopped my way.
He asked me to return him back the five `Qiraats' which I owed him. I told him that I had no intention of usurping his money, and that I had searched for him, but he was now here to be found. He said that he would not permit me
to go any further until I return his trust back to him I said that I did not have anything at that moment, to which he replied that in that case I should allow him to place his finger on my chest.
I agreed to it. As soon as he placed his fingers on my chest, I felt intense pain, and I woke up from my sleep. I saw that there was a wound on my chest, which is not yet cured, and is still fresh. Whatever treatment I do is of no avail". Saying this the old man opened his shirt buttons and showed the wound to the people. When the people saw the wound, they started weeping and wailing and asked repentance from Allah. The shop-keeper who was also hearing this was very much effected and regretted his sin. He called the Indian prince and returned him his wealth. and apologized sincerely for his sin. (Ma'ad)

Ref: Manazelul Akherah

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Yahoo! Groups

Join people over 40

who are finding ways

to stay in shape.

Group Charity

Loans that

change lives

Kiva.org

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive